Former Fire Brigade (1927)
The first fire brigade storage building with a hose tower was situated near today’s ”Old Fire Station”, adjacent to today’s “Old Secondary School” and was used by the fire brigade of the School of Architecture. The fire engine house with hose tower was completed in 1927. The half-timbered construction matches the Idstein old town architecture. The Idstein volunteer fire brigade, which was founded in 1876, used the building until they moved to their modern fire brigade base in 1982. Since 2004, it has been the “Idstein Brewery”.